Official Rule Book ( The one and only)
Playing Rules Revised 5/17/2010
1. Playing Rules: ASA Slow Pitch Rules apply except as modified herein.
2. Players: All eligible players on the roster must be in the batting line-up. All players
must play a minimum of two  defensive innings (provided game goes seven 
innings). Any violation of these rules has to be protested by the opposing manager before
end of game. If protest is upheld, game will be forfeited.
3. Team: Eleven  defensive players shall constitute a team. A team must have a
minimum of ten  players at the start and finish of a game. Failure to do so will result
in a forfeit. An eleventh player may be added if he shows up for play, however, at this
point he must be listed as the eleventh player and bat after the other ten players.
4. Injury: In the event of an injury to a player requiring removal from the game and no
substitute player is available, the injured player’s time at bat shall be eliminated and no
out shall be recorded. The team can finish with ten  players.
5. Ejection: A player ejected from a game shall have an out recorded for each at bat
unless a substitute is entered in his place. The team can finish with ten  players. Any
player ejected from a game will be atomically suspended from the next game. Player
cannot be used as a borrowed player while on suspension. If the same players is ejected a
second time during the same season, player is suspended for the remainder of the season.
6. Umpire Rulings: Managers or designee (ONLY) can discuss any controversial ruling with the umpires.
7. Courtesy Runners: Unlimited courtesy runners may be used each inning. Any player
on the roster may be used for a runner. A courtesy runner that comes to bat while on base
will be out, removed from the base, and come to bat. A courtesy runner may run only
once per inning.
8. Sliding: A player may slide or dive into 1st, 2nd , 3rd base or scoring line (near home plate), or when
returning to any base.
9. Commitment Line: A three  foot commitment line shall be marked perpendicular to
the foul line twenty  feet from home plate. Once a runner’s foot touches the ground
on or past this line, the runner may not return to 3rd base, i.e. the runner must continue on
toward the scoring line.
10. Scoring Line: A ten  foot scoring line shall extend from the corner of home plate
closest to 3rd base into foul territory at a 90 degree angle to the 3rd base foul line. A foot
down on or behind the scoring line shall be the same as a foot down on home plate for the
purpose of scoring a run. A runner that has passed the commitment line but has not
reached the scoring line shall be declared out if:
a. A defensive player in possession of the ball touches any part of home plate or mat.
b. The runner passes through the batters box.
11. Strike Zone: A strike zone mat will be used. The mat will be 17" x 24". A legally
pitched ball hitting the plate or the mat shall be a strike.
12. Double Bag at First Base: A double bag shall be used at first base, the double portion
of the bag being in foul territory abutting first base and must be secured. If there is a play
on the batter going to first base, the batter must touch the portion of the double base
extending into foul territory. The batter shall be called out for failing to do so provided an
appeal is made. The defensive player must touch the inside bag or the runner is safe.
13. Mercy Rule: There shall be a twelve  run mercy rules after five  innings of play.
And a (12) run mercy rule from inning six and beyond.
14. Tie Breaker: The Texas Tie Breaker Rule has been reinstated for 2013. If the game is tied
after 7 innings, the last batter from the previous inning wil be placed on SECONDBASE. A Courtesy
Runner may be used.
15. Metal Spikes: Metal spikes are not permitted.
16. Player Conduct: Each player is responsible for his own conduct, and if a player isn’t
responsible, then the manager must be. No excessive cursing, bat throwing, or physical or
verbal abuse by a player against another player or umpire will be tolerated. Any breach of
the above could result in the offending player(s) being ejected from the game and brought
before the disciplinary committee.
17. Player Responsibility: A player shall notify his manager as soon as possible if he is
unable to play.
18. Age Requirement: Players fifty  years of age or older are eligible to compete in
league play. Players turning fifty during the current calendar year are eligible.
19. Replacement Players: REPLACEMENT PLAYERS MUST BE FROM THE SAME
DRAFT BRACKET OR LOWER. NO TEAM CAN PLAY MORE THAN TWO FIRST ROUND
DRAFT PICKS. If a player shows up late, he will be inserted into the lineup for one of the pick ups.
Managers may pick up from the Subs list on this web site.
20. Board of Directors: The Silver Division Board of Directors will be comprised of the
division commissioner, assistant commissioner, treasurer, and the team managers.
Problems or incidents which may arise and require immediate resolution, and are not
covered by established rules of play, may be decided by a quorum of a majority of the
Board with the treasurer voting only when a deciding vote is required or is need to make
21. Time Limit: The 7:00 Game will be limited to one hour twenty minutes. At the end of that
time the umpire will declare the time limit reached. The current inning will be completed
if necessary. For the 8:15 game there is also a one hour and twenty minute time limit.
22. A ONE and ONE count will be used. There will be NO courtisy foul for the 2013 season.
23. A Player hitting a HR is not required to touch the bases. But may do so if he wishes. A Player receiving a WALK and using a courtesy runner, is NOT required to touch first base. The courtesy runner may go to the base and the hitter return to the dugout . A Ball hit out of the ballpark is considered a HOMERUN and Dead-Ball when it lands. The hitter and any baserunners are to be considered to have scored without running the bases.
24. All legal bats (Non -doctored) including senior bats are acceptable for league play.
25.A Pitcher MUST use the pitching screen . If a screen is in use, the pitcher must go behind the screen after releasing the ball.Any ball that is batted into the screen is a dead ball. (A do over) The pitcher may move in front of the screen to make a play on a slow moving ground ball. Sceen Placement: The screen should be place 3 feet in front of the pitching rubber. The screen must also cover at least 50% of the entire pitching rubber.( It may not be place to the side of the rubber.)
26. For the Winter Season 2013 we will have 12 teams with 11 man rosters. Managers may sub from the drafted players bracket or below except they may never have more than TWO first round picks playing at one time. There will be two draft rounds per bracket. (except for draft line 9,10,11) The first bracket contains draft rounds 1 & 2. Second bracket contains round 3 & 4. ETC. You may sub from players draft bracket and Lower.
These are the league rules. There are NO implied rules. If rules are changed or ammended that change will be reflected here, in the official rule book. IF it's not here, it is NOT a rule.
When the lights go out due to county time limit (10:30) or for lights out due to malfunction as well as for RAIN: IF the game is tied and the home team has NOT batted, the game reverts back to the previous completed inning.The team that was winning at that time will be declaired the winner. If the game is tied it will be recorded as a TIE.
IF the lights go out due to malfunction and the game has played the minimum five innings, the team that is ahead at that time will be declaired the winner. If the game is tied it will be recorded as a TIE.
Any game that has not completed the required five innings when the lights go out, will be replayed. (Same as a rain out).